View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 AM
N00B

The situation was a debacle for me. I'm a big 20-year fan of DT but this was my first opportunity to go to one of their concerts. I was pleased because it was going to be at Harrah's Chester, which is just across the bridge from South Jersey, about a 25 minute drive. I had bought lawn/patio seats for my wife and I but I did not mind... I've usually had a fine time watching shows from the lawn. As you know, the show was cancelled there and moved to Caesar's Atlantic City, a bit less than an extra hour's drive away; the show was also moved back from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Ticketmaster sent an e-mail to advise of the change, saying I could pick up my tickets at the Caesar's box office at 4 p.m. the day of the concert 7/21, at which time I would find out my seat assignment. They also said if I wanted a refund I need to let them know by 5 p.m. on 7/19.
I was still anxious to go, so I held onto the tickets. I checked Ticketmaster's site a couple days before the show. The site listed the show time as 8:30 p.m. now... this was never e-mailed to me. Also the theater map showed most of the seats taken up, and I was starting to get concerned how many were seats purchased since the venue change and if I was going to get screwed. My wife and I got to Caesar's and went to the box office at 4 p.m. There was no line, which I found a bit odd considering how many people would need to exchange tickets. We showed our tickets from Chester and our IDs. The lady there rifled through a bunch of stapled tickets to find the ones with our name, which meant they already picked where we were sitting. As it turns out, they were putting us dead center of the very last row of the upper area.
I did not pay money to go to a concert and get stuck in the most remote seats in the house. Plus my wife has asthema, and asking her to walk up a couple dozen rows is asking a lot. We were so frustrated by the AC crowds and angry at the seating (plus having to wait another 4.5 hours for the show) that, as much as I was dying to go for the past 2 or 3 months, I abandoned the effort and drove home.
Reading other people's review of the show makes me feel sad and angry and how Caesars handled everything. I'm not dealing with them again. Thankfully my wife explained the situation to Ticketmaster and, even though it is past the deadline they advertised, they are going to provide a refund. I'll try to catch DT in a better venue next time around.