View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Cool review, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I went back to the Monster Stage and watched For Today. They were alright, but they are a tad bit generic for my liking. Way too many breakdowns, but they have a decent vocalist and some solid riffs from time to time. One thing that pissed me off about their set was the Christianity rant the singer went on. I know this bands message is to spread the word of Jesus, but this was just ridiculous. He basically yelled at the crowd for 3 minutes about how we were all going to face Jesus and have a path to follow and whatever. I have no problem with someone being religious, but forcing your religious beliefs on others is wrong in my eyes. Other than that their performance was inoffensive, but I doubt I will check out their studio stuff or go out of my way to see them again.
Of course I'll disagree with you here, I think its awesome that they do that, and I enjoy the band more because of it. I wouldn't call it "forcing" beliefs; Mattie usually just states his views and informs people that there is a path through Jesus or whatever, but is extremely respectful of others if they don't agree with the religious views. I feel like I say this shit every time a stupid For Today argument is brought up, but anyway, my

Also, no NFG or Streetlight = for shame!