View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Roger Waters -- Raleigh, NC -- July 9th, 2012

What a show! The special effects were incredible and Roger and his band sounded really good. I know a lot of you have probably seen this tour by now but I hadn't really seen any video of it so I didn't know what to expect. I loved the plane with the fireworks, the puppets, the surround sound effects, the pig, the wall projections and animations. Really cool stuff. I also liked how political the show was. I never thought the album was overly political, always seemed more like a story about personal issues such as relationships, but there were quite a few "edgy" political aspects of the show between talking about the Brazilian murdered by London police in the subway and showing footage of the Iraqi journalists blown apart by the U.S. plane a few years ago. Roger also had bigger titties than Rob Zombie.

Highlights for me were Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, What Shall We do Now?, and In The Flesh. I had never heard What Shall We Do Now? before but it was heavy as hell, I really wish it had been included on the album. I also really enjoyed the piece I've seen called The Ballad Of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Only bad part was that the crowd sucked but what can you do. Roger was really gracious and showed a lot of appreciation for the fans even though I bet it felt like a big step down from the past two shows at Yankee Stadium.

Setlist:

1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
6. The Ballad Of Jean Charles de Menezes
7. Mother
8. Goodbye Blue Sky
9. Empty Spaces
10. What Shall We Do Now?
11. Young Lust