View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:07 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Here's mine, from favorite to least:

1) Load - Bring on the hate, it's actually my 3rd favorite behind MOP + RTL. I just fucking love this album. I can't really put my finger on it, most of it just sounds great to my ears. Until it Sleeps, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, Thorn Within, The Outlaw Torn, are among my favorite Metallica songs. Wish they'd break them out live.

2) Death Magnetic - Solid album, a return to form of sorts. Some great songs like Cyanide, That Was Just Your Life.

3) St Anger - It's cool to hate this record, but I don't. True, musically and lyrically as far as "talent" goes, it's below anything Metallica has done on their own. However, the songs sound great live, and I love it's raw sound. The album also came out just before I graduated high school, and whenever I hear these songs, I get some great nostalgia.

4) Black Album - The 3 hits are all overplayed and irritating, but the 2nd half of this album is great. Through The Never, The God That Failed, etc.

5) Reload - Understandable why these songs weren;t used on Load. There are some good songs here, and I still listen to the album occasionally.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm