View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
It blows my mind that Lawler is a babyface in Memphis.
It blows my mind that he's been as mediocre as he's been his whole career (wrestling, talking, commentating) and yet still has a regular job in the WWF/E going on about 20 years now. Seriously, the only person who's been crappier at their job for longer is Michael Cole, Lawler was at least OK for his first year or two in the WWF. The sad thing is Lawler is built up to be some kind of legend in the buisness but what has ever really done? He's a minor league wrestler, always has been and always will be. Hell, even a lot of the guys from the original ECW can say the got a run in WCW, WWF or both as fulltime wrestlers, Lawler never even got that far back in his supposed heyday.

Speaking of completely unappealing performers, can anyone explain to me the appeal of Jeff Hardy and why fans love him so much? He's sloppy in the ring and he can't talk worth a damn. Am I supposed to like him just because he paints his face goofy colors and he used to jump off cages/ladders and go through tables 12 years ago? The guy is just flat out annoying.