View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Cowboy From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by detuned View Post
pantera is probably not the best example to use to gauge another comparable bands worth. they obviously blew ridiculous amounts of money on partying and destroying things. also factor in damageplan was surely a large step down in the money they were bringing in, but probably were blowing money as if they were still pantera.

granted i dont know much about their lifestyles, but slayer strike me as pretty tame and unextravagant in comparison. not to mention they have been at it far longer and have been relatively big the majority of that time. if there is one underground metal band that is financially set for quite some time its probably them.
Tom I agree with you BUT they are talking retirement. Serious retirement. I don't think they can make it... especially if they live to their eighties. No telling what the costs of everyday necessities like gas, food, bills would cost 10 years from now let alone 30... not to mention most musicians retirements used to be funded by royalty checks. Illegal downloading has destroyed that. Once they are retired the cash flow more or less stops unless there is a reunion or new project.

Last edited by WOLVERINEKILLS; 07-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.