Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Am I the only one that really loves the new Nile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Nope. I really dig it as well. It's a enough of a change up for them to not become stale, but it's also undeniably Nile. The 'clean' vocals are actually really good and still brutal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
Hell no. I think it was another strong release from them. The use of his midrange screams were great and I felt like it really added to the album. The tone of the album itself reminded me of Catacombs with it's higher use of middle eastern instruments.

Someone complained on my facebook that it wasn't the Nile they grew to know from Sacrfice and Iphallic(sp) and that made me think that this was gonna be terrible but I think the kid was just on drugs./
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMetal468 View Post
Yeah the new Nile was pretty bad. Some parts seriously sound like they just made them up as they were recording. And Dallas's "clean" vocals or whatever the hell they are... ewwwwww. There are some really cool parts scattered throughout the album but that's about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tasaurus View Post
at the gates of sethu is niles best album. haters gonna hate.
No fucking way is it their best album, but no fucking way does it suck. There are some cool moments, but they aren't as completely dominating as the best moments on, say, Those Whom the Gods Detest. It feels like about a four-out-of-five-stars kind of album for me.