View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Honestly, I'm not a massive fan of it on paper. The problem for me is more about what's not there than what is there. The fact that they chose to play 2 Minutes, Fear of the Dark, Running Free, and Number of the Beast again instead of playing great deep cuts such as Killers, Still Life, Infinite Dreams, and Die With Your Boots On is a bummer. Yes, there are 5 7th Son tracks, but we heard 4 of them in 08/09. So yeah, this could have (realistically!) been a more impressive setlist had they stuck closer to the content of the video they claim to be representing.

That being said I absolutely loved the shows. It sucks not hearing something like Infinite Dreams but The Prisoner and 7th Son were amazing. Afraid to Shoot Strangers was a nice surprise too. And for all the bitching, 2 Minutes is a great song, Fear of the Dark is a great song, they're great fun live. It's just that when I've seen them so much I want something rarer in their place. But that doesn't cross my mind when I'm screaming the words at the show. The setlist complaints are largely unimportant for me when I'm actually there.

What did you think of Madness in the second slot now that you've seen it, Jeff?
In pretty much total agreement about this, no real need for me to elaborate.

And it definitely worked better than I expected it would - the problem is that at the end of the day I just don't love the song all THAT much.