View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Yes.

Something just doesn't sit right with me with playing the albums backwards, especially with RTL. With the black album i'm not as bothered by it becuase it's an album that divides the fanbase, so them goofing around and doing it that way isn't as bad. It's still stupid though. But doing that with RTL? One of the best metal albums of all time, one of the albums that most fans agree is one of the untouchables in not only Metallica's catalog but of all time in the metal genre. It's great that Escape finally got played, but doing this album backwards is just plain wrong in my book.
I completely agree. It's not like I'm outraged by it or anything, but just why? What's the point of playing it backwards? If you're going to do it, do it right. I didn't care when they did it with the black album either, but that album's not sacred. RTL is fucking sacred, it's as sacred as Metallica gets. It'd be like Maiden playing Powerslave backwards. Start with Rime of the Ancient Mariner? The fuck? I know Metallica gets shit on for a lot of things that don't really warrant it. Hell, most of the time I'm one of those people, but I just can't make sense out of this one.