View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

44. Demonical - Death Infernal

This album is my first experience with this Swedish death metal outfit, and I can tell you for sure it won't be my last. This may be only their third full-length album, but don't be fooled. Most of these cats are death metal veterans. Two of the founding members were also long-time members of Centinex, and they've been in the death metal game for decades. The first thing that caught my ear was that beautiful sick-ass buzzsaw guitar tone. People who know me, know I'm a sucker for that shit. Then, as I listened intently, I noticed not one or two but at least three or four different styles of death metal on this album, and they are all done well. There are moments of pure old-school death metal, to be sure, but there are also moments where bands such as Unleashed & Amon Amarth are being channeled, and others where the influence of At the Gates and Arch Enemy can be heard in spades. I mean, what more could a general death metal fan want than a band who can not only play several different styles of death metal, but who can do it well, while also making it all sound cohesive? Sounds like a win-win-win to me, folks.

...and did I mention that sweet-ass guitar tone?

Last edited by Natrlhi; 06-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.