View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Well, there are a lot of Rush fans who are in love with The Garden. Something about how beautiful the musical arrangement is and how the lyrics make them cry. I guess i'm too metal to be that much of a pussy so i'm not sure what they're talking about, but it's a good song. The band also said in interviews that when they heard the final version of the song they got choked up to. So I can easily see the song getting played. It will be a downer but that's kind of the point. After Neil's solo he needs a short breather. Alex usually comes out and does a little acoustic diddy and then the next song usually is one that is slow for the first few minutes before Neil comes back in. The Garden fills that role perfectly instead of them doing something tired like CTTH or The Trees again.

Give the new album a few more listens. Stuff like the title track, The Anarchist, Carnies, Seven Cities Of Gold and The Wreckers are all really good songs.
Oh yeah, I can definitely see them playing it. I am betting they will. I just would prefer them not to.

And I planning on that soon. I've only listened to it once because I haven't really been in the mood for Rush at the moment. The title track was one of the ones I enjoyed a lot though.