View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM
N00B

Radiohead -- Tinley Park, IL -- June 10th, 2012

Yes, I know this is not metal, like my last review (Nickelback) but I like to try to review most of the shows I attend.

This was my first concert at an outdoor amphitheater and was the furthest I have traveled for a concert thus far. My mom attended the show with me and did the driving since I'm uncomfortable behind the wheel of a car. We left Greenfield, Wisconsin (suburb of Milwaukee) at 3:00 and got to the venue at 5:20, 10 minutes before they opened the gates to let people in.

Caribou (7:29-8:00)-
Leave House
Bowls
Jamelia
Odessa
Sun

Caribou (aka Dan Snaith) was the opening act. The way I would describe them is 1960s psychedelic sounding music layered with electronics. I already had the album Andorra by Caribou, but they didn't play anything off that album. So thanks to mrrayburn37 for setlist.fm for their setlist that is above.

Radiohead (8:37-10:46)-
Bloom
There There
15 Step
Kid A
Staircase
Morning Mr. Magpie
The Gloaming
Codex
The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
Karma Police
Reckoner
Lotus Flower
Myxomatosis
Feral
Little By Little
Idioteque

ENCORE #1-
Separator
Full Stop (world premiere!!!)
Bodysnatchers
Everything In It's Right Place

ENCORE #2-
Give Up The Ghost
Identikit
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Radiohead was mindblowing. They were also the first band I've seen live that did two encores. I wrote their setlist in a notebook while I was there, so I credit myself on this one.

I was hoping they would play You And Whose Army? and Paranoid Android. But I can't complain, they did every song off their current album The King Of Limbs, played Full Stop which is not yet on an album for the very first time live, and played one of my favorites Street Spirit (Fade Out) for the first time since April. Identikit was also a song that's not yet on an album, which they've playing a lot this tour. Also, frontman Thom Yorke sang/played the piano on a snippet of the R.E.M. song The One I Love as an intro to Everything In It's Right Place. Thom had minimal interaction with the crowd, but the music more than made up for it.
Bastille (10/18)