Thread: Load or Reload?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Concert Veteran

I guess i'm in the minority here because I like Reload better. Maybe because i'm old enough to remember when Load was released and having to wait 5 years to get the follow up to TBA. Needless to say waiting five years for the garbage that Load had on it was a big disappoinment. That's probably why I like Reload better, my expectations were so low for it after Load that Reload actually exceeded them.

I think the singels off Load, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing and Hero Of The Day are some of the better songs on the album. The House Jack Built is good, Bleeding Me is OK but highly overrated by a lot of fans and The Outlaw Torn is good even though I think the song was dragged out too much and hurt the song a bit for me. The rest of the album is just forgetable garbage.

Reload I thought was a more consistant album and all around it's a solid hard rock album from begining to end. It had way less "what the fuck?" moments than Load which made if more enjoyable for me. I like the first four songs a lot and Where The Wild Things Are, Low Man's Lyric and Fixxxer are all very good songs that don't get the love they should and they easliy beat everything on Load.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 06-01-2012 at 04:33 PM.