the final mini review!
- HO. LY. FUCK. SO HEAVY. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.
- Awesome live, another band I was really looking forward to seeing. I head heard that they were gonna play all of Cursed but I guess that wasn't the case. Either way, they still put on a great show.
- Went half and half with them and Church of Misery. Ulcerate were pretty good, the softer parts were cool to see live. But I was there mainly for their beast of a drummer. That dude can easily pull of the stuff he does in studio. Hot damn.
Church of Misery
- Definitely liked these guys more. They sounded fantastic live and were cool to chill out to. I'm definitely going to try and catch their headlining show in Chicago.
- Caught the last 20 minutes or so of their set. They ripped live. Fast and heavy death metal done right. Gonna be checking out their stuff as well.
- Good ol Suffocation, always killing it live. For the first song you could barely hear Terrance's guitar but halfway through the second song the problem was fixed and Suffocation then proceeded to destroy the crowd with some brutal death metal. I got way too excited when they played Mass Obliteration, one of my favorite Suffo songs ever. An all around killer set from them.
- Very, very good! Loved their set, all the new and old songs sounded awesome live. It started downpouring in the middle of their set which actually got the crowd really excited. The band didn't mind either, I think they actually liked it! But yeah, another one of my favorites. I really hope to see them again sometime in the future.
- After Disma I basically concluded that there would be no band heavier than them live, and Electric Wizard proved me wrong. After a decade of being away from the U.S. they returned and just destroyed everyone. As I expected, I smelled nothing but pot for the duration of their set
Such a great set from them. And of course, another one of my favorites.
- Eh, kinda boring, I was looking forward to them too. They barely moved on stage and looked like they didn't want to be there. I don't know if that was part of their stage thing or what, but it didn't seem to work very well for me.
- Now here's a band I was curious to see live. "Suicidal Dark Metal", I wonder how that would work in a live setting... pretty damn good if you ask me! I personally thought that Bethlehem had the most clean sound of the entire fest. You could hear everything crystal clear. I enjoyed them very much!
- Ah, a good choice to close the fest. As their set went on it seemed to get better with every song. Surprisingly the crowd was really into them after a long 4 days of music. Non stop pits and crowd surfers for them which kinda surprised me. But yeah, an excellent way to end the fest.
And that's it! John The Drummer, idrinkwine732, VoidFlame, RAZOR, and masterguy49 (even though it was for a very short time, I'm very sorry man!), it was a pleasure meeting you and hanging with you all throughout the fest. I really do hope we all see each other at some point in the future, be it at the next MDF or some show that'll bring us all together.