View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 AM
N00B

That show was awesome! Mainly because of Destruction. I was actually a little disappointed with Warbringer. They opened with "Living Weapon" which was much slower than on the album. Luckily "Severed Reality" seemed much faster than on the album. I did enjoy their set, but I think I hyped it up too much and they honestly didn't impress me as much as I had hoped they would.

I stayed for half of a song of Vital Remains but quickly realized it wasn't my thing. I went outside to the patio and just rested before the mighty DESTRUCTION!

I can't put into words how fantastic Destruction was. They are the only band I've seen that even rivals Slayer. When I heard the intro for "Total Desaster" I lost it. That's my favourite Destruction song and it was completely brutal. I can't even believe how many old songs they played. I had seen the sets before, but somehow I forgot they were going to play "Tormentor" and "Eternal Ban". Playing 3/5ths of Sentence of Death and 4/8ths of Infernal Overkill was amazing for me, because those are my favourite releases of theirs. Their setlist was the same as the one in Montreal:

The Butcher Strikes Back
Total Desaster
Satan's Vengeance
Mad Butcher
Armageddonizer
Eternal Ban
Life Without Sense
Hate Is my Fuel
Days of Confusion (intro)
Thrash Till Death
Antichrist
Tormentor