View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
N00B

Vital Remains -- Toronto, Ontario -- May 19th, 2012

Well all I can say right now is, Vital Remains finally made it into Canada!!!!! So many times I got screwed out of seeing them cause they had issues at the border, that was not the case tonight!!

So I got there and skipped to first 3 local opening bands. During that time I was outside hang out with friends and talking to John Kevill of Warbringer!!

Warbringer hit that stage and brought their A game. Third time seeing them now and they always put on a great live show, and have more energy on stage than most bands I've seen live.

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Wake Up... Destroy
Demonic Ecstasy
Future Ages Gone
Total War
Living In A Whirlwind
(We Are) The Road Crew (Motörhead Cover)
Combat Shock

Next up was the reason I went to this show, Vital Remains!!!! As I said, everytime I tried to go see them, they could never get over the border. Well this time around they finally made it and all I can say is, holy fucking shit!! They were so goddamn heavy live. Haven't headbanged that hard in a while. During Dechristianize, the singer came right up to me, pointed the mic in my face and I yelled "DECHRISTIANIZE!!!" That made me quite happy cause thats definitely my favourite song by them.

Where Is Your God Now (Intro)
Icons Of Evil
Devoured Elysium
Savior To None... Failure For All
Hammer Down The Nails
Let The Killing Begin (Intro)
Dechristianize

Unfortunately I did stay for all of Destruction cause it was getting kinda late and I had a long way to get home. But from what I saw of them, they were really good and very energetic. But for me, Vital Remains stole the show. I'm sure the setlist for Destruction is the same they've been playing on this tour!!