View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Rob Zombie -- Columbia, MD -- May 13th, 2012

Lacuna Coil opened. They weren't really good but the music wasn't offensive and they had a good attitude so they were ok.

Megadeth:

1. Never Dead
2. Headcrusher
3. In My Darkest Hour
4. Hangar 18
5. Trust
6. She-Wolf
7. Sweating Bullets
8. A Tout Le Monde
9. Who's Life (Is It Anyways?)
10. Public Enemy No. 1
11. Symphony Of Destruction
12. Peace Sells
---
13. Holy Wars

This was my 7th time seeing Megadeth. They were good but they really didn't blow me away this time. The stale setlist was the main culprit. This was the first time I've seen them since 2010 so this was my first experience with them playing such a bland set, I've loved all the others I've seen. Unless they start shaking things up I don't think I'll be traveling far to see them anymore, will still definitely see them when they play locally though. They were good and Dave was in a good mood but they need to play some different songs and turn the damn vocals up.

Anyways, the new songs were cool to hear (especially Public Enemy) and the Tout Le Monde duet was interesting. Sweating Bullets was also really good.

Rob Zombie:

1. Jesus Frankenstein
2. Superbeast
3. Scum Of The Earth
4. Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
5. Living Dead Girl
6. More Human Than Human
7. Demonoid Phenomenon
8. Mars Needs Women
9. Sick Bubble-Gum
10. Pussy Liquor
11. Thunderkiss '65
---
12. Dragula

Rob Zombie was amazing! His show was huge, the set was great, and his antics were awesome. Huge video screens, pyro, costumes, monsters, robots, confetti, and titties! Rob and the rest of the band were really energetic and interacted with the crowd a lot. Rob came out into the crowd twice although he never came near me. I loved the robot shooting flares during Mars. Ginger Fish's drum solo was actually really cool and John 5's solo was alright. Speaking of John 5, during one of the early songs he was trying to get up on his platform and ended up nearly falling over. It was kinda funny.

I was actually really glad they did Bubble-Gum instead of Black Sunshine as Gum was one of the highlights of the night I thought. I didn't know Pussy Liquor going in but it was pretty fun. The only realistic change I'd make would be swapping Jesus Frankenstein for something from Educated Horses. I know this is kind of a standard Zombie set but I was really happy with it. While I wish it was longer it felt like I definitely got my money's worth and I was worn out by the end. Picked up a Super Monster Sex Action tour shirt at the end. I'll never wear it as it has nipples on it and stuff, but I love the colors and figured it made a good souvenir.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac