View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

The Black Dahlia Murder -- Madison, WI -- May 11th, 2012

I've been meaning to post this for the last few days, but this is the first time that I've had time. Let me start this off by saying that if this tour comes near you, GO TO IT. All the bands put on a phenomenal live show. Exhumed and The Black Dahlia Murder were already both in my top 5 live death metal bands, but Fuck the Facts was also so fucking good.

Fuck the Facts was first and as with most grind bands, they had so much stage energy! They were moving all over the place and going nuts. I'm pretty sure the vocalist was drunk as hell because she kept leaning on people's shoulders for balance. They didn't get as much of a crowd reaction as they deserved. I don't have a set list for them because they didn't announce their songs at all and I don't have enough of their discography.

Exhumed was next and at any normal show, they would have stolen the show, but Black Dahlia just happened to really bring it as well. Exhumed, like Fuck the Facts, didn't get much of a crowd reaction, which was kind of disappointing, seeing as how both bands deserved it and completely tore shit up. They brought out the chainsaw for the Limb from Limb intro and the decapitated head for Open the Abscess and it was the guitarist's (Wes Caley) birthday, so we sang him Happy Birthday and then the guy with the chainsaw came out with a pie and threw it in the guitarist's face and then into the audience where some guys in the pit decided to smear the remaining pie all over their faces. I'm almost positive that this set list is correct.

All Guts, No Glory
As Hammer to Anvil
Necrotized
Necromaniac
Torso
Limb from Limb
I Rot Within
Death Knell
Decrepit Crescendo
Distorted and Twisted Into Form
Open the Abscess

The Black Dahlia Murder came on and right away the crowd started going insane for them. The pits were pretty much constant throughout the set and there were a few crowd surfers and stage divers. I don't really know the order for the set list, but I know that they played these songs. (And possibly more) I'm pretty sure that the first four are in the right order and the last two definitely are.

A Shrine to Madness
Moonlight Equilibrium
What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Statutory Ape
Malenchantments of the Necrosphere
The Window
Necropolis
Den of the Picquerist
Carbonized in Cruciform
Everything Went Black
Miasma
On Stirring Seas of Salted Blood
I Will Return
Blood on the Ink
Deathmask Divine
Unhallowed/Funeral Thirst

I wanna stress again that this set list is completely out of order and possibly incomplete. Anyway, overall, this might have been one of my favorite shows of the year because all of the bands put on such a great show. In summation, if this show comes by you...GO TO IT!
9'21 Overkill ?
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased

Last edited by kalfitegrdan; 05-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.