View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
any info on openers?
Per setlist.fm, this was Shadows Fall's set (sorry, first time hearing them last night):
  1. Thoughts Without Words
  2. Still I Rise
  3. Divide and Conquer
  4. Stepping Outside the Circle
  5. The Power of I and I
  6. Fire From the Sky
  7. King of Nothing
  8. What Drives the Weak
  9. The Unknown
  10. The Light That Blinds

I was really impressed by their set, and definitely will check them out. Since I really don't know their material, can't really say what was a highlight to me. The couple of new songs that were mentioned as new sounded really good.

Other openers were: Legacy of Disorder (mentioned they were going to be opening for GWAR in November), Devastated, The Browning, and some other band that was playing right when doors opened. They were ok, but I would have been happy if they had cut one of them and extended Fear Factory's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
How was the crowd?
Like I mentioned originally, the venue was really, really small. Extremely intimate. Crowd was sparse for the first two bands, but filled up by the time Devastated came on. No pit or anything until Shadows Fall played. Lead singer dove into the crowd for the last song, and, fortunately, was able to recover his wedding ring that slipped off when he did that.

For Fear Factory, I was literally up against the stage (no barrier or security in front) in front of Burton. As a result, we had people up on stage occasionally, and a few stage divers. There looked to be a pretty healthy pit going as well the few times I looked behind.

Got to "sing" the chorus to Linchpin when Burton dropped the mic in front of me. Maybe a little fanboy-ish of me since I have been seeing their shows since 1992, but that was pretty cool.

The show is well worth the price of admission.