View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
The venue did the same thing last year. We got Trivium, In Flames, Megadeth, Dogsmack and Disturbed doing the main stage and that was it. Machine Head was supposed to play but one of the guys was sick so they pulled out of the show.

Basically, the story goes like this. The venue, Darien Lake PAC had Mayhem there it's first year in 2008. They had the side stages and everyone played and it was a great fuckin time. But unfortunately there were some rowdy fans and I guess the police had to be called to the venue a few times to break up fights and make some arrests and ever since then the venue, who's obviously owned by a bunch of pussies, didn't want anything to do with Mayhem so they never booked it again.

Then last summer our local rock station 103.3 The Edge decided to bring it here by calling it The Edge summer Bar-B-Q. Only the venue didn't wanna book the side stage so only the main stage was played on. They're doing the same thing with it this year. Only Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead have been announced for this year's show so far. They'll probably add in one of the other side stage bands to. This is pretty much why it's now become an "unofficial" tour stop for Mayhem and that's why it doesn't appear on the Mayhem tour page but the date appears on the pages for Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax and Motorhead.
I've never been to Darien Lake so I don't know what the set up is like, but Amphitheatres that are contained with an amusement park or some other type of attraction usually have a problem with side stages because of the lack of space. Most amphitheatres I believe have the 2nd stages set up in the parking lots. With places like Darien Lake (I would assume) and the Molston Amphitheatre in Toronto doesn't have that ability due to them being inside amusement parks.

The Molson Amphitheatre has had to fuck around with tours containing multiple stages a bunch of times because of that. In fact when Mayhem came here in 2008, it was originally supposed to be at the Molson Amphitheatre, but then when the tour was officially announced it was moved to Downsview Park (it hasn't been here since). Fast forward to 2010 when the Uproar tour was there, originally the 2nd stage bands weren't to play at all because multiple stages cause a traffic nightmare on the grounds. Eventually they had the 2nd stage added, but playing at the same time as the main stage bands. Me and my friend had to duck out of watching A7X's set since they were playing at the same time as Hail the Villain. I think New Medicine was playing at the same time as Disturbed, so i'm sure New Medicine had very few people watching them.
12/27 - Protest the Hero