View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
I wasn't sure if The Devil's Blood would be able to top In Solitude, but lo and behold, they did. By the time they came out the crowd had completely filled in. The show was sold out and the floor was packed in tight. Once again, I didn't know what to expect, as the only song I had listened to beforehand was "Christ or Cocaine", but by the time they had finished I was left astounded. Their brand of occult psychedelic rock translated incredibly well live. I loved how the three guitarists built upon beautiful harmonies. Needless to say, Farida's enchanting voice had me in awe as well. Their set flowed together perfectly without a dull moment. It was almost hypnotizing watching their performance. When they transitioned into the phenomenal opening riff of "Christ or Cocaine" the crowd cheered. The extended jam they added to the song made it even more incredible live. I was really impressed by them and it was clear by the applause that the crowd was as well. This is the set that was posted on setlist.fm, but I can't be sure if it's correct.
  1. The Graveyard Shuffle
  2. Fire Burning
  3. The Time of No Time
  4. Evermore
  5. The Thousandfold Epicentre
  6. Christ or Cocaine
Awesome to read. Sucks about them not including anything off Come, Reap on your date. The Graveyard Shuffle is awesome to see though. Glad you enjoyed them, now they need to get their asses back here this fall for a headlining tour.