Thread: 2012.....
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Thoughts? Feelings on new Saint Vitus? I'm starting on my 2nd go around on it. Glad I researched before I bitched. I was gonna complain about the length until I realized w/ exception of C.O.D. was the only album that was alot longer than everything else. Just glancing pretty much everything looks like it's been 6-8 songs and usually between that 33-40 min mark. And that is what this clocks in at is 33 mins.

My only complaint is that with 7 tracks there's only 5 actual songs as the other 2 (Vertigo, Withdrawl) are instrumentals. Withdrawl I guess not so much instrument as it is 3 mins of Dave feedback. The Bleeding Ground & Dependence also have easily the best 2 solos on this album, coincidentally probably my favorite 2 tracks on the album. Those would be killer if those 2 make it into the set when they go out and tour.

These are just first impressions and may change but this is what I like so far. Wish that we could have got atleast 1 or 2 more actual songs but new Saint Vitus is better than no new Saint Vitus.
I'm going to have to check that one out. Apparently it was recorded at the same studio that my band recorded our first CD

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com