Originally Posted by GWAR654
1.Ov Fire and the Void
4.At the Left Hand ov God
6.Slaves Shall Serve
7.The Seed ov I
8.Decade of Therion
9.Chant for Eschaton 2000
10.23 (The Youth Manifesto)
The set I got (from y'know, actually being there and writing down each song they played) was:
Ov Fire And Void
The Thousand Plagues I Witness (I'm pretty sure)
Alas, The Lord Is Upon Me
The Seed Ov I
Decade Of Therion
At The Left Hand Ov God
Slaves Shall Serve
Chant for Eschaton 2000
23 (The Youth Manifesto)
Which is almost the same set that they were playing in Poland
right before coming over here. Now you can sit here and preach at me all you want about how miraculous it is for them to still be playing shows, that Nergal is alive, etc, but that does not excuse the fact that that set just doesn't cut it for me. There were a couple really cool tracks to see (Moonspell Rites and 23 in particular), but:
- Still opening with Ov Fire and Void for some stupid reason.
- Still closing with Lucifer for some stupid reason
- Sill including a lot of tracks that they always play (Conquer All, Slaves Shall Serve, etc) that I wouldn't mind them excluding for once.
- No Shemhamforash?!
- Only an hour long set.
- Left out some of my favorite tracks from Evangelion and played some I don't care about from that album.
- Pretty much ignored Demigod and Zos Kia, 2 albums that deserve a fuckton more respect live.
- No Christians To The Lions.
And to top it off, despite it being a sold-out show, the pits were pretty weak. Though I won't judge a band's performance based on the audience. Behemoth were amazing live as always, so spot on and really fucking evil and cool. At one point they all had blood in their mouths and spat it out all over themselves, and Nergal had on a crown of thorns (from the Alas the Lord video) on for a couple songs. So fucking cool. My only real complaints are about the setlist, which is unfortunate. Still killer live.
In the end, though... I kinda wish I either went to Mastopeth OR Ceremony that night. I really like both the new Mastodon and Ceremony albums and have yet to hear shit from 'em live. Oh, and In Solitude and The Devil's Blood were totally not my thing. I kind of hated them, honestly. So I won't go on about them. Really wish Watain could have set the mood instead.