View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I heard omars mom died a few days before so many are saying hes still greiving.
yep: http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/pulle...r-tuesday.html
Quote:
Omar Rodriguez Lopez has mentioned his mother several times in recent interviews about his bands, The Mars Volta, whose album "Noctourniquet" came out today, and At the Drive-In, which is regrouping after 11 years for a series of festival shows this spring and summer.

"My mother is a very special woman with an unbelievable sense of God," he told the San Antonio Current after the March 12 premiere of his film "Los Chidos" at South by Southwest in Austin.

Rodriguez Lopez reportedly choked up when discussing his mother at a post-screening question-and-answer session that night, 10 days before her death.

"She's the most important thing in my life. I choked because she's getting old and one day I will no longer have her to give me advice," he told the Current.

He recently told LA Weekly that his mother was one of his biggest influences and she was one of his biggest fans, noting she drove a car with a Mars Volta license plate border and filled her five-CD player with his and her other sons' music, including Zechs Marquise, the instrumental band featuring Rodriguez Lopez's younter brothers.