View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Only 1 celebrity is a little lame. Did feel like a few less deaths than normal. Sadly, this was my least slimed show as well. No love for right side of stage. Gotta say this was probably one of my least enjoyed GWAR sets
This is exactly how I felt the last time I saw them (Dec. 2010). I've seen them six times and it seems like in recent years their stage shows have gotten tamer and tamer.

When I saw them headlining on the War Party tour in '05 it was an absolute bloodbath, if you were within 20 feet of the stage you were getting soaked whether you wanted to or not, and they were killing things just about every other song. But the last few times I saw them it seemed like they only killed a handful of things in the whole show, and you basically had to put in an effort to actually get a good soaking. If you were anywhere other than in the first few rows near the center, you'd get a little spray here and there but nothing remotely extensive. A bit disappointing in my opinion.

I don't know if they can't afford a good stage show anymore, or if they've lost interest in it and want to focus more on the music, or some other reason, but it seems to me that it's just not what it used to be. It's still fun, but it's just a bit underwhelming compared to my first couple of GWAR shows.