View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

I'm not really into the folk thing, so this show was all about Huntress and Alestorm for me. Huntress were absolutely amazing. Jill Janus has to be one of the best live vocalists I've ever heard. There's no doubt that I'm buying their album when it comes out.

Alestorm were just as great as the last time I saw them, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear "Black Sails At Midnight", because the other Paganfest setlist on here didn't have them playing that song. I probably wouldn't see them again unless they're headlining, but their shows are always fun (even if I don't drink).

I caught most of Protokult, but I didn't really like it. Arkona was definitely very good at what they do, but like I said, it's not my thing. Ex Deo really impressed me with their imagery on stage. I'm going to look more into them. I left after Alestorm, so I didn't see Turisas, but I imagine they'd be the best band after Alestorm.

Also, the sound guy there really had no clue what he was doing. Up until Alestorm, that had to be one of the loudest concerts I've ever been to. The bass was so excessive during Ex Deo. For some reason, the sound was really good during Alestorm (either that, or I just couldn't hear as well :P)