View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Rats off to ya

Agnostic Front -- Garden City, NY -- April 1st, 2012

I believe a total of 6 bands played this show. After I first showed up and snagged Victim in Pain on vinyl for just 10 bucks I sat back and watched Abject start it off. These guys were pretty good, I was surprised to see they were pretty old school sounding.

Next was 1776. I briefly saw these guys open for Suicidal back in September. The singer was a pretty angry dude. In between songs he ranted a lot about things like government corruption, sheeple, the NDAA act, flouride, and chemtrails. Their set was pretty good.

Bitter End was next. They played a solid set. Noticed the crowd was starting to get more active during this band.

Then Fire & Ice came out who were the only band on the bill I was there for other then AF. These guys made me a fan when I saw them open for Terror back in December. They have a new record coming out soon which sounds pretty sweet from what they played off it. The singer had some difficulty with his mic mid-set which was a little annoying but it was fine after a couple minutes. Definitely looking forward to the new record from these guys.

Anitdote was the final opener and I wasn't familiar with these guys but they were pretty great. They blasted through some of their old tunes as well as a few covers. They did 2 Minor Threat songs ('Filler' and 'I Don't Wanna Hear It') and closed with Black Flag's 'Rise Above'.

Finally it was time for Agnostic Front. They played the set from 'Live at CBGB' straight through with 'That's Life' from the newest album as the closer. I was little tempted to hardcore dance but I didn't feel like making an idiot of my self. That didn't stop my friend who went in and awkwardly flailed his arms around. There was a few circle pits which I probably could have hopped into but I guess I just wasn't feeling it. Their set was only about 40 minutes but they really brought it. Great show.

Agnostic Front:
1. Victim In Pain
2. Public Assistance
3. United Blood
4. Friend Or Foe
5. Strength
6. Blind Justice
7. Last Warning
8. Toxic Shock
9. United & Strong
10. Crucified
11. Liberty & Justice