View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- May 4th, 2009

Opeth
Support: Enslaved
Date: May 4th, 2009
Venue: the Sound Academy in Toronto, Ontario

Iíve been finding a lot of setlists from shows Iíve been to on the past so I decided to post them. Some of them are with the help of setlist.fm, but these arenít just me ripping setlists and posting them (that would be too easy). These are all shows Iíve been to and have stories to tell.

Iíd already seen Opeth the previous summer with Three and was glad enough to see them then but the only reason I really went to this show was to see Enslaved. Enslaved live as an opener is better than no Enslaved at all. They played great that night; having a decent soundman made them sound better than Iíd ever heard them. Opening with To the Coast was an odd choice I thought. It was a decent choice to grab the audience who didnít know who they weres attention but there are way better opening songs in their catalogue. And this was the only time Iíve seen them perform my personal favorite song by them; the Watcher. But I was really disappointed to see them stuck opening. It just wasnít enough. Out of five times seeing Enslaved Iíll have to say this was the worst. Still awesome but they felt like they were just some opening band.

Enslaved
1. To the Coast 

2. Fusion of Sense and Earth 

3. Ruun 

4. As Fire Swept Clean the Earth 

5. Ground 

6. The Watcher 

7. Isa

Opeth was good that night, I am a fan. It was nice to hear the Night and the Silent Water, which they didnít play the one other time I saw them, and Closure was really awesome that night. My problem with Opeth live is that since most of their songs clock in at ten minutes when they play a song I donít like that much Iím stuck there bored for ten minutes waiting for the next song. But I really was bummed that Enslaved was opening so I didnít enjoy this show as much as I should have.

Opeth
1. Heir Apparent 

2. Ghost of Perdition 

3. Godhead's Lament 

4. The Leper Affinity 

5. Credence 

6. Hessian Peel 

7. Closure 

8. The Night and the Silent Water 

9. The Lotus Eater 

Encore:
10. Deliverance