Originally Posted by coltongsmith
1. End of the Line
2. Horn of Betrayal
3. The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
4. Dead to Rights
5. Pure Sincerity
6. Pray for Villains
7. Clouds Over California
8. Fate Stepped In
9. I Could Care Less
10. Head on to Heartache (Let Them Rot)
11. Burning Sermon
12. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand has been one of my favorite DevilDriver songs since I started listening to them in 2005, and I never thought I would get to hear it live, so this is definitely good news.
The rest of the set I'm not too stoked about, to be honest. My main issues are...
1. Not playing Meet The Wretched - I know they've played it at like every show, but come on, it's a live staple. The last two times I saw DD was in a tiny cramped venue with no room for a circle pit, so I was really excited to see a huge one go off at the much bigger venue that I'm seeing this show at. Plus a show with a lineup like this would be perfect to end off with a massive circle pit, so I'm disappointed that they're not doing that.
2. The balance of albums - I love their new album and have already seen them play in support of it twice and I've been quite surprised at how lackluster the representation for it has been and continues to be, I just don't get it. Also, when you have five albums out and only twelve songs to play, playing nearly half your set from a single album that isn't even your newest doesn't make much sense. I get that you can't please everybody, but that just seems totally disproportionate.
3. The song selection isn't that strong - okay, I can't complain about either song from The Fury that's being played, and if you're only gonna play one from the self-titled it makes sense for I Could Care Less to be it. But I think most of the songs they're playing from the last three albums aren't the best from those albums at all. I suppose that really comes down to personal opinion, but I just feel that they have way better songs off those albums that they're totally neglecting.
With all that being said, I'm still looking forward to this show. This will be my 7th time seeing DevilDriver, and I always quite enjoy their shows. I just think that this is a particularly weak setlist compared to some of the other ones I've seen them play over the years. I'm glad that they switch up their sets from tour to tour, but I hope they'll switch it up a little bit from show to show as well (as long as they keep playing The Fury