View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Here's a list of some other releases I'll only touch on that you guys should enjoy if you've enjoyed my list so far:

XIBALBA - MADRE MIA POR LOS DIAS

Technically, all of the songs on this album were made before 2011; It's just kind of like a full-length compilation of everything Xibalba has done up to this point. So I decided to leave it out of my 2011 list. That being said, Xibalba are heavy as shit, and give Harm's Way solid competition for the heaviest band in hardcore. Most people either love or hate them; I love them. The only problem with this album is that a lot of the songs drag; hopefully they develop their sound more in the future. If you haven't listened to them yet, you're behind.

Track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQnJkvLeAk

MINUS - HARD FEELINGS

I love this EP cover! Another great So-Cal hardcore band, super pissed off negative music. I think I prefer Soul Search more due to the vocals, but this is still great stuff. They should have a full length coming out this year; I'm really looking forward to it.

Track: Hard Feelings

EXPIRE - SUFFER THE CYCLE

I really want to love these guys, but I for some reason I only like them. They got some good grooves going on, I just want it to be more catchy. I'll see 'em live in April; hopefully that changes my viewpoint. I think you guys will like 'em a lot.

Track: Grip

THE RIVAL MOB - HARDCORE FOR HARDCORE

For some reason this release didn't really grab my attention with anything special, but it does everything right. I almost get a little bit of a Weekend Nachos vibe out of it. Fast hardcore, more traditionally punky. Good stuff.

Track: Hardcore for Hardcore

...and that's about it! If there's something I haven't mentioned, let me know. I think I've had listened to most everything that came out this year and I'll let you know what I think of it. Thanks for anybody who reads this and/or comments, I appreciate it big time. Love discussing music with you guys!