View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I've seen them live a few times now, but "Gaymz" never said hey baby...

It's hard for somebody like you to accept that Metallica still has fans, now matter how far they have drifted away from their original sound..."Troo methulfans" lose their reason when someone like me shows up.

What's more pathetic? A band that did what they wanted or underaged kiddiez who think Iron Maiden is the only band that exists?
Powermaiden is spot on here. I've never faulted Metallica for playing the music they want to play. If Load or St. Anger was what they wanted to be playing at the time, then good for them. What I fault them for is becoming such a lazy, joke of a band. Their old material almost always sounds sluggish and sloppy when they play it live nowadays. Age is obviously a factor, but I don't fault them for getting old. Overkill and Testament still destroy stages live as well as they did in the 80's. Metallica does not.

Metallica 1989
Metallica 2010

Metallica is the reason I'm into metal. I used to be a proud Metallica fanboy. They aren't worth the price of admission anymore, sadly.