View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
They apparently have a day off in Jersey tomorrow, because they mentioned 3 or 4 times that they are home tomorrow. And they played like they couldn't wait to get there. I went to this show mostly to see them, and left more impressed with Iced Earth. Russell was drinking a lot, and his voice was a little off, and the sound wasn't near as good as Iced Earth's. I think they borrowed Lars' St. Anger drum kit for the first half of the set, as that snare overpowered everything, and you couldn't hear Romeo that well. It got better towards the end of the set, but from Bastards until Electric Messiah I was actually kind of bored, and I never thought I'd be bored at a Symphony X show. And a pit actually got started during Electric Messiah. I will never understand moshing at power metal shows. Just doesn't seem like "mosh" type music, but whatever.

Even though SX was a little disappointing, I'm glad I went because IE ripped my fucking face off. I had my doubts when they hired Stu, but I'm a believer now.
I felt the same way about both bands. IE blew me away, and Stu was fucking incredible. Symphony possibly put in their worst performance I've seen by them (granted it was still good but not their best)