View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Yeah, they're pretty well articulated, though I wish they would still stray from the path a bit. Behemoth do that type of shit way better than anyone I know of.

I think there's a ton of awesome potential for Christian lyrics, too, that For Today and Sleeping Giant take advantage of to an extent: the Bible is inherently a violent book. There are wars. There's tons of death. The whole thing lies on the crux of a huge battle that all the dead will come back to be judged and finally conquer evil with force. It's really awesome imagery if you look at it from an unbiased perspective, like how we look at Amon Amarth or Nile's lyrics and think they're awesome since they revolve around mythology of different cultures. This is just a different type of mythology.
The problem with that is that I'd assume most Christian Metal bands want to take the preachy approach, or not really preachy but that they don't want to talk about their faith from a mythological perspective. But I wouldn't know of course, I've never bothered to look into Christian Metal lyrics much since I only like 1 christian metal band. That would be pretty interesting though if there were bands out there that wrote like that. And played awesome death metal of course.

Last edited by OraclesofAgony; 03-07-2012 at 12:51 AM.