View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEtoROCK86 View Post
Motorhead didn't perform because of Lemmy's being sick. Didn't catch Lacuna Coil or Volbeat, but Megadeth did great. I've seen them a few times, but this one occasion was special because it was the last night of their tour and this is my first metal concert in Austin. I moved here about 6 weeks ago, so Megadeth broke my metal concert cherry for Austin. Not half bad.

The sound was fairly solid. Dave Ellefson's bass actually sounded the best to me. Really present and full. Mustaine's vocals aren't the most consistent, but he sounded respectable and everyone was right there with him singing the songs. Here's the set, a little different than some past ones, so it was nice to hear a fresh approach:

Set The World Afire
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Trust
Angry Again >
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyway?)
A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free) w/ Cristina Scabbia
Ashes In Your Mouth
Sweating Bullets
Head Crusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells (But Who's Buying)

E:
No Class (Motorhead Cover)
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Nice! Maybe Dave is listening to the fans about his setlists. Good to see Set the World Afire as the opener instead of Trust... My only complaint is the songs from the new album he's been playing. Those are probably my least 2 favorites from that album, and that's all they've been playing. I'm in the minority that likes Guns, Drugs, and Money.. i see it's dropped here... but drop all those and throw in Sudden Death, Never Dead, New World Order, Fast Lane, etc...