hotter than cayenne pepper, cuss, bust
Kickin up dust is a must
I can't trust a cracker in a blue uniform
Stick a nigga like a unicorn
Vaugn, wicked, Lawrence Powell, foul
Cut his fuckin throat and I smile
Go to Simi Valley and surely
somebody knows the address of the jury
Pay a little visit, "Who is it?" (Who is Ice Cube?)
"Can I talk to the grand wizard?" then boom
Make him eat the barrel, modern day feral
Now he's zipped up like leather tuscadero
Pretty soon we'll catch Sergeant Coon
Shoot him in the face, run up in him witta broom
Stick prick, devils ain't shit
Introduce his ass to the AK40 dick
Two dazed niggas layin in the cut
To get some respect we had to tear this muthafucka up
- ICE CUBE

This is not only Ice cubes Greatest work But on this record we see an Angry, political, Fight the power, raise your fist in the air, "fuck the system and fuck the police too" ice cube. The Ice cube that a lot of people such as myself grew to love in the early 90s. Forget the "are we there yet" PG-Disney filled ice cube. That is the Ice Cube that we see today...

today we see a multi million billion dollar making main stream sellout who stars in shitty films and makes lame poppy mainstream friendly music. That my friends is the ice cube that we see today, sadly. That's what happens when you make a shit ton of money, the success and fame gets to you. What's even worst is that ice Cub has a giant vulture of fans that only listen to his more pop-oriented mainstream commercial crap. He has created enough music where he actually has two kinds of fan base. The ones that wanna hear his shit from 1987-1994(like myself)...and the ones that want to hear his music from 1997 and so on. It's a damn shame really. I went to see Ice cube with my ex GF back in 2008 at a rap fest. It really showed where he stands as far as his fans are concerned. His set was filled with horrific commercialized radio bullshit, I didn't know any of the songs that he was playing sadly.. Nothing from his 1987-94' discog was played other than "today was a good day" which is like his MOST WELL KNOWN SONG EVER....I felt jipped to say the least because we mainly went to see ice cube and ice cube only(well, she went to for the other shitty acts like Chris Brown and lil wayne but oh god we are not going to go into that)... Out of the 20 songs that he played, he only played ONE OLD SCHOOL song...but anyways enough flash back talking...

Lets rewind back to the early 90s for a second. Back in the 90s Ice cube really tried to make a name for him self and he truly did, releasing 3 classic Solo Records that will go down as some of Hip Hops most angriest politicly infused rap albums to ever hit the streets since, shit well you tell me nigga.

The Predator truly showcases Ice Cube at his most raw, most angriest, Most cynical, and put simply....HE IS JUST DOWN RIGHT PISSED. And I don't mean just pissed

HE IS PISSED THE FUCK OFF.

That why I love this record so much. Not just because of the dynamic Old school jazzy hip hop beats and beautifully laced rugged instrumentals...But its also the angry yellings and words coming out of Cubes Foul mouth that gives those beats the "extra" strength and adds that raw dirtiness that makes this album stand out -oh so very much. This is...to make it simple

Ice Cubes Most pissed off record ever.

Seriously, after this album i feel Like cube declined lyrically and started falling for the masses(of the mainstream of course) which explains why he changed his style for the worst after the mid 90s were finished and over with. It's a really a damn shame because This album is filled with one Pissed off song after another. You can just tell this man is fucking pissed the fuck off with the system and the mis treatings of the black youths/black nation during the early 90s. I love that so much, it's like cube wants everyone to know how fucking mad he is at the world with the way the world has been treating blacks and black society, especially since this was recorded during the infamous and very important "Rodney king/Police Beatings" which then escalated into the war-zone driven 1992 Los angeles Riots which took place in April 1992. For those that don't know, i will make a quick run down.. Rodney king was some black dude who got pulled over and beatin to a bloody pulp by 3 police officers. He did absolutely nothing wrong, they just pulled the poor guy over for nothing and beat him tell he had no image on his face left.... the police officers ended up getting the "non guilty" verdict from the judge, which led to the infamous "LA RIOTS" which can be heard and talked about in songs like "we had to tear this mother fucker up". Easily one of Cubes Greatest songs and probably my favorite song that he has ever written and recorded. FUCK THE POLICE

*It should also be noted that this album was recorded and released during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots that took place on April 29th 1992 which escalated over the unjustified beating of a black male by 3-4 police officers. I'm giving a much more retarded shortened version of this whole ordeal but For those interested, here is a link if you are interested in reading up about this important event
1992 LA RIOTS/Rodney King Beating

I just gotta say it again, sorry guys, i know i been repeating my self but goddamn..one of the main reasons I love this album so much is because of Ice Cubes Voice, and his voice ALONE. You can just hear it in his voice in songs like "We had to tear this mother fucker up" and "Who Got the Camera" just how fucking pissed off he is. i THINK i have made myself pretty clear that he is pissed the fuck off on this record. The kind of "pissed off" where you just wanna grab the head of a rooster and tear that roosters fucking head off and spew it on the floor while you stomp its body on the curb and stomp a mud hole in it's ass. THAT KIND OF "PISSED OFF"

THIS ALBUM WILL MAKE YOU WANNA RAISE YOUR FIST IN THE AIR AND SAY

"FUCK THE MAN!!!"

"FUCK THE SYSTEM, AND FUCK THE POLICE, AND IF YOU GOTTA MOM OR DAD THAT IS PART OF THE POLICE SQUAD, WELL FUCK THEM TOO, OH AND YOUR KIDS? YEAH FUCK THEM TOO, NIGGA, fuck all a y'all"

Just hearing this record makes wanna BREAK STUFF(LOL limp bizket)

Cube Is pissed and he is pissed off for a good reason and he definitely gets all of his frustration and anger OUT off this classic Record. A Record I recommend any Metalsetlist companion to check out. Cypress Hills DJ Muggs also joins in on the ONES and TWOZ to drop some magnificent epic Hip Hop Instrumentals for Cube to bark out his problems of the evils that lurk on earths worldly ways. Another thing I love about this album is not only do we have the politicly charged "fuck the system, THE GOVERNMENT IS GENOCIDE" songs, but we also have some of Cubes most laid back, most relaxing songs to grace the sound of hip hop, especially during early 1992. I'm 100% certain that a lot of people on this forum has heard the song "TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY" Which was the single of this album and went onto be a huge radio hit, they still play it on the radio to this day. Classic, just classic.

Anyways thats the rant of the day. Ice Cubes first two records are undeniable classics, but on this one he just took it to another level and elevated his style with elevated beats, raps and leaves you with this "FUCK THE SYSTEM" attitude that you just can't help but "feel" for what he's saying. He is just so angry and this is a side of ice cube that we will never ever see again, but goddamn i'm glad it can be heard on this album....THE PREDATOR....Ice Cubes Magnum Opus.

FUCK THE SYSTEM

We Had To Tear This Mother Fucker Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efrM6DK8vbA

The Predator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IFOcybFyNw

CHECK YO SELF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHkPXZMlts

Today was a Good Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ

A Gangster Fairy Tale PT II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfOEgM4HC_c

Who Got The Camera?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFHMVWaYsc

Now I gotta Wet Ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHo4Ty2F_8

Don't Trust Em'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psaO6loePaA

23 ALBUMS LEFT!! W00t w00t!!!
5/11 - Saint Vitus

Last edited by Sepultura69; 03-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.