View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- February 28th, 2012

Gigantour 2012
Megadeth Motorhead Volbeat Lacuna Coil
Filmore Auditorium Denver, CO
February 28th, 2012

Good show; my friend and I arrived just in time for Voltbeat so we missed Launca Coil; Volbeat was pretty good I don't know their songs but I would guess their setlist is the same as on the tour; They did tease Ace of Spades a few times since Motorhead did not play

EDIT Setlist of Setlist.fm; I swear they did a Johnny Cash cover

A Warrior's Call
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
The Human Instrument
Sad Man's Tongue
Hallelujah Goat
Who They Are
Fallen
The Mirror and the Ripper
I Only Want to Be with You
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting
Ace of Spades
Raining Blood

Megadeth came on around 9:15 and kicked ass as they always have. Dave's vocals weren't always top notch but that is been pretty common from my experiences. I was hoping with Motorhead out they would play a longer set then they have but they did not

Setlist

Trust
Foreclosure Of A Dream
Hangar 18
Reckoning Day
Sweating Bullets
She-Wolf
Poison Was The Cure
Public Enemy No. 1
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Guns, Drugs & Money
No Class (Motörhead cover)
Ashes In Your Mouth
A Tout Le Monde (with Cristina Scabbia)
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Highlights were Foreclosure, Reckoning Day and the closers. I knew they did a cover for Motorhead but I had no clue what it was not just that I don't have a lot of experience listening to Motorhead but I could not understand what the fuck Dave was singing

Overall the show was a lot of fun. The big downer of course was Motorhead not playing but it did not stop anyone from coming from what I could tell the Filmore was 98% full and I had fun. Plus with Motorhead playing the Mayhem Festival I will get to see them; One note from the show after Who's Life Dave got pissed off at someone and the band walked off stage; turns out a security guard was being abusive to a female fan. Dave come out with his own detail and had them throw the dick out; Goes to show Dave cares about his fans

If anyone has the Voltbeat and Lacuna Coil setlists post them and I will add them to this post and credit you

Lacuna Coil- N/A
Volbeat 7/10
Motorhead- N/A
Megadeth 9.5/10

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 02-29-2012 at 12:16 AM.