View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
...So let the children come to me, their mother loves me so shall they...

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
This last album is one that I haven't seen on anybody's list, on this site and elsewhere. Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read and reply.

Artist: Deceased
Title: Surreal Overdose
Genre: Death Metal / Thrash Metal
Label: Patac Records

Throughout a career spanning more than twenty-five years Deceased has only released six albums, but every one of them has been no less than exceptional. Surreal Overdose is their first album since 2005, and in that time frame they have conjured some of their strongest material yet. The last few albums have focused on a heavy metal infused sound. Surreal Overdose combines those elements with the speed of the band’s earlier straight death metal albums, Luck of the Corpse and The Blueprints for Madness. There’s much more to it than that, though. Deceased is deeply rooted in the ‘80s and that shines through here. They incorporate aspects from multiple genres and combine them effortlessly for an original take on modern metal. The solos resemble those found on thrash metal classics and there are plenty of melodic leads reminiscent of the NWOBHM days. “Skin Crawling Progress” hits off the album with a plethora of killer riffs and solos. The phenomenal guitar work is accompanied by King Fowley’s unmistakable, horrifying vocal performance. From the Iron Maiden styled approach of “Cloned (Day of the Robot)” to winding, epic closer “Dying in Analog” the band does not relent for a second. Each track is unforgettable from start to finish. Deceased has perfected their sound here and it’s a shame that such a great band has received insufficient acknowledgement for their remarkable work.

“Off-Kilter” - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEwMBbJ4_aM
Didn't know they had an album out this year. I checked it out on Spotify and it was pretty damn good. Thanks!

Good list btw!