View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Nine Inch Nails -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 28th, 2000

Nine Inch Nails
Support: A Perfect Circle
Date: April 28th, 2000
Venue: Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario

I’ve been finding a lot of setlists from shows I’ve been to on the past so I decided to post them. Some of them are with the help of setlist.fm, but these aren’t just me ripping setlists and posting them (that would be too easy). These are all shows I’ve been to and have stories to tell.

This was before A Perfect Circle had even released their debut album, I’d only just heard of Maynard from Tool having a new band so I was excited to see them. I don’t think anyone had even heard too much about them, everyone kept referring to them as “Maynard in a wig”. Unfortunatly I found them really mellow and fucking BORING. The first album was pretty laid back with not too many heavy moments and it didn’t transcend live very well.

A Perfect Circle
1. Magdalena 

2. 3 Libras 

3. Sleeping Beauty 

4. Breņa 

5. Orestes 

6. Thinking of You 

7. Thomas 

8 .Rose 

9. Judith

I had been listening to NIN for a really long time and was REALLY excited to finally see them live. The intro was fucking intense. It was basically Pinion off the Broken EP but a lot more chaotic, with a lot more distortion and samples added in. It’s still one of the greatest concert intro’s I’ve ever heard and seen in my life. The whole concert was a great example of how to put on a show that promotes your new album and satisfies your back catalogue. NIN only had three albums and an EP at the time so there wasn’t as much to choose from as later years but there was a great mix. Opening with two really old songs was cool and unexpected. They surprised me even more when they played Suck and Get Down, Make Love. They played “the hits” and a great selection of material from the recently released the Fragile (an album I still enjoy but feel would've been better regarded at the time if they trimmed a lot of the filler and made it one CD). And the encore was awesome with the drums they added to the Day the World Went Away and Hurt. It was just a great show.

Nine Inch Nails
(intro) The New Flesh / Pinion 

1. Terrible Lie 

2. Sin 

3. March of the Pigs 

4. Piggy 

5. The Frail 

6. The Wretched 

7. Gave Up 

8. La Mer 

9. The Great Below 

10. The Mark Has Been Made 

11. Wish 

12. Complication 

13. Suck
14. Get Down, Make Love
15. Closer 

16. Head Like a Hole 

Encore:
17. The Day the World Went Away 

18. Just Like You Imagined 

19. Starfuckers, Inc. 

20. Hurt

This was probably the best larger venue show I’ve ever been to. It was also the last time I ever went to Maple Leaf Gardens, which was a historic hockey arena in Toronto that was bought out by a major supermarket chain and is now a grocery store. This concert also happen on my last night of college. The next morning I moved out of residence and back in with my parents.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 02-25-2012 at 07:05 PM.