View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Manky's Top 10 Pop-Punk Albums!

Hi! This is a list of my top 10 favorite pop-punk albums at the time. A few things:

1. This is not a "top pop-punk albums of all time" list or anything like that. Just my own personal list.

2. I didn't include a few albums because I haven't listened to them that much. I'm still very much finding out about most of the pop-punk out there. These albums, though, I've listened to a ton. Most of them for 10+ years.

3. One album per band. If I didn't have it that way, the entire list would be 3 - 4 bands.

Okay, here we go.

====

AFI - Sing The Sorrow

Let's start this list off right, by pissing a bunch of people off. This is probably the "least" pop punk album on this list. It's where AFI focused more on darker sounds and leaned more towards alt/hard rock, but there's still enough of that infectious pop-punk still here to put it on this list. This album honestly might be my most-listened to album in junior high. I think "The Leaving Song, Pt. 2" is an epic packed into 3 1/2 minutes, and "Dancing Through Sunday" is a definite pit starter. Some songs are utterly forgettable, but I unashamedly love the great songs on this album. If you're looking to get into AFI, stop at this album.

Recommended tracks: The Leaving Song Part 2, Girl's Not Grey, Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)