Chasing Sirens
Fiction (Dreams In Digital)
Eva
Opticon
Revival
Blue Monday/You Spin Me Right 'Round
Stitches

@The Aruba Hotel & Spa

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this show or not since I usually work until about 11:15, but I got off 15 minutes early and totally caught the entire show, save for the first song. I went with two friends of mine, and the last time we had all gone to a concert together was actually when Orgy played the House of Blues Las Vegas in 2004 on the Punk Statik Paranoia tour. It was a nice little reunion of sorts

In any case, we had a great time at the show. We went into it fully expecting something completely different from the last time we had seen them since vocalist Jay Gordon is now the only original member. The lineup is rounded out by Carlton Bost & Ashburn from Deadsy, Jamie Miller from theSTART and a guy named Nic on bass.

Jay's voice sounded decent, although not as great as it has in past years. He forgot part of the lyrics to "Fetisha," and would frequently put his microphone in the crowd for the people up front to sing. The band sounded solid, but nothing like the original guys. Carlton and Ashburn are a mean guitar team, but they must not use the same guitar effects and processing as Ryan and Amir because some of the songs sounded very different in tone. The drums also lacked the electronic feel that Bobby brought to the group.

The only really lame part about the show was that one of the girls in the audience pepper-sprayed another person in the crowd, and since this was a 200-300 person venue max with only about 100 people in it...the spray dispersed QUICKLY. Everyone was coughing and wheezing by the end of the set and it really sucked.

Other than that, AWESOME. Go check out the new line-up with an open mind. I would be lying though if I said I still wasn't interested in a reunion of the classic line-up.
5/1 - Primus
5/9 - HED PE & Soil
5/15 - Devildriver
5/22 - Peter Murphy

Last edited by sleepstalking; 02-21-2012 at 12:51 AM.