The Big Easy
Alois
It’s Mine
Photosynthesis
Gypsy’s Lullaby
Most Lovable Monster
Grief and Despair
Leviathan

First of all, I'll address what the majority of posts in this thread would be if I didn't say anything about it: I'm in Paris for four days because it's my dad's 69th birthday, and we wanted to celebrate by flying to Paris for a few days.

Divan du Monde is a small, intimate venue not far from a few other notable Paris venues, such as La Cigale. Having sold out half a week before, the place was packed halfway through Cryptex's set, both upstairs at the balcony area and on the floor. Cryptex were fine; their singer has a a great voice, and the band itself was very enthusiastic about performing. I'm not sure whether they played all of the set posted above, since I just copied off the set I got from the guitarist, but they played for about 45 minutes.

Half an hour later, Pain of Salvation came onstage to a barrage of applause. Having become a huge POS fan since November (thank you, Andy!) I was fucking stoked, especially since I knew they were playing Sisters (one of my favorite songs of all time) on this tour for the first time, even though Road Salt One came out a few years ago. Opening their set with Softly She Cries, Pain of Salvation began with a blast, but unfortunately, Daniel's vocals were hardly audible for it. Ashes and Linoleum were next, excellently executed, with Daniel's mind-blowing voice shining during 1979 and To the Shoreline. Personally, I prefer the Road Salt albums to their earlier, more metal-oriented albums, so I didn't enjoy the next dozen songs as much as the rest of the audience did. I really liked Kingdom of Loss and Enter Rain, however, which surprised me since I usually skip Scarsick material when I listen to POS. No Way was fucking amazing, with the band extending it, repeating the second verse a few times and improv-jamming halfway through.

For the encore, Daniel announced the next song as the last for the night, before some drunk Brit at the bar screamed "there's no bloody curfew, so keep fucking playing!", and before you knew it, the band members had switched instruments and had begun playing an impromptu cover of Kiss' Black Diamond. After they were done bantering back and forth, POS played The Physics of Gridlock, and finally, the most important song of the night - Sisters. There are no words in the English language to describe how awesome it was.

So now I'm sick as hell, but I don't fucking care, because I had an awesome evening, and I can't wait to see POS again. Au revoir!
3/15 Gogol Bordello