View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 12:57 AM
One who onions things

Iced Earth -- Los Angeles, CA -- February 18th, 2012

Show was fun as expected, ran into rjturtle at the security line. Hope to see you at Vektor tomorrow dude!

Warbringer were dope as usual.

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Shoot to Kill
Demonic Ecstasy
Living in a Whirlwind
Combat Shock

I didn't think it would affect me so much, but having half of SX's set be the same from last year made their set a little boring. Russell's voice was also a little rough. The fact that he was swigging whiskey occasionally didn't help I'm sure. We all sang happy birthday to Jason Rullo's wife, which was a little bit of fun. Overall a fun set, the new songs sounded great, especially Bastards of the Machine and Children of a Faceless God. I just which they would have changed up the set a bit more.

Iconoclast
The End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Bastards of the Machine
When All is Lost
Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Electric Messiah
Children of a Faceless God
Of Sins and Shadows
Encore:
Eve of Seduction
Serpent's Kiss
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)

Iced Earth were sweet as hell. As has been said before, Stu is doing an excellent job. He hit every high note like it was nothing. He sounded pretty weird on Declaration Day, but other than that he was great. During When the Night Falls (I think it was that song anyway) he asked security to kick some dude out of the venue. When the guy was booted out, Stu yelled "See you later you fucking faggot!" which the audience cheered at. If that guy deserved to be kicked out, then good for Stu, but calling the dude a faggot just made him look like a homophobe in my eyes. Does anyone who attended know why the dude was kicked out? Whatever though, it didn't impact the performance. Dante's Inferno was epic as hell, and the new songs sounded great. The only song that sounded out of place was Days of Rage, the song is so straight forward and thrashy that it just sounded weird compared to the other songs.

Dystopia
Angels Holocaust
Slave to the Dark
V
Stand Alone
When the Night Falls
Dark City
Damien
Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me
Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth

Last edited by Onioner; 02-19-2012 at 01:36 AM.