View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 02:42 AM
N00B

Mastodon -- Manchester, England -- February 6th, 2012

Quick review as I'm extremely hungover, I'm really surprised this show was not sold out since it was basically full as soon as we entered the venue.

Red Fang hit the stage at 7:30, and finished at 8:00. Great band to start the show and the sound was very tight.

Red Fang's set:

Hank Is Dead
Throw Up
Malverde
Wires
Good to Die
Sharks
Prehistoric Dog

Now, I decided to give The Dillinger Escape Plan a chance live since many people on this forum say how good they're live shows are. So they hit the stage at 8:30 and I decided to watch the first couple tracks, and much to my surprise, they were dreadful. To me, they're just noise and a really really bad band in general. They played for about 40 minutes, but luckly I stayed at the bar.

The Dillinger Escape Plan set:

Panasonic Youth
Room Full of Eyes
Milk Lizard
Farewell, Mona Lisa
Gold Teeth on a Bum
Black Bubblegum
When Good Dogs Do Bad Things / Chinese Whispers
Endless Endings / Good Neighbour
Sunshine the Werewolf
43% Burnt

Mastodon hit the stage at 9:30 and played until 11. This is my second time seeing Mastodon since Sonisphere, and damn they were fucking awesome. They played almost all of the songs I wanted to hear from The Hunter, and a great selection of old songs (mostly from Blood Mountain and Levithan). There's no difference in the set to the US tour, however they added 'Thickening' just before 'Blasteroid', also Brent sounded great which was a nice surprise, his screaming during Aqua Dementia was brutal!. So all-in-all an awesome night without the exception of Dillinger (Sorry Dillinger fans )

Mastodon's set:

Dry Bone Valley
Black Tongue
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Capillarian Crest
Colony of Birchmen
Megalodon
Thickening
Blasteroid
Sleeping Giant
Ghost of Karelia