View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Wait, so people can dish it out about a band they don't like, but they can't take it?

Go ahead and bash bands like Slipknot and Chimaira, but you bash a band whose music sounds like someone sprayed a can of lysol into a microphone and yet people are all super bitchy and whiney.

And really, the whole "at least be original about it" line is such a bullshit retort. I'm sure if I quoted or stole a line about them that was positive no one would have said anything.
I don't like Burzum. I listened to Fallen and gave it a chance. While it doesn't necessarily turn my crank, saying that it sounds like someone sprayed a can of lysol into microphone reeks of ignorance. The early stuff is hard to listen to for a non-fan, as a lot of black metal from that time period is, but to say that what Varg is doing now is without merit is just plain silly. Good troll though, I guess. Obvious, but you got the desired reaction.