View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

In case anyone cares, my thoughts on "The List":

1. I voted Vektor in the #1 slot, so I have no problem with this whatsoever. Absolutely the best album I heard all year, and I'm not one of the people who consider Black Future to be one of the best thrash albums ever.

2. I was afraid Mastodon would take the top spot, so at least this is slighty better than what could have happened. Honestly this is a mediocre album, and just not indicative of what these guys are capable of. It features some very strong songs, but not nearly consistent or interesting enough to be a true #2.

3. Revocation aren't really my cup of tea, but I didn't hate this one.

4. Much like Mastodon, I think Anthrax get in because of their reputation and the hype surrounding the record. Not a bad album by any means, but also nothing special.

5 - 7a. Didn't listen to these three, will have to check them out. Never been a fan of them though.

7b. I don't have a problem with Iced Earth being in the top ten, as Dystopia grows on me a little every time I listen to it. I had it ranked around 14 on my list though, I think.

8. Again no problem with this being in the top ten, but quite a bit higher than I had it ranked.

9. I had YOB ranked 9th too, go figure. Excellent album.

10. I don't even know what to say. I've made my feelings on MH pretty well known around here. I guess I just don't get it.

- Surprised Symphony X and Anaal Nathrakh didn't make the top ten, considering their popularity around these parts.
- Disappointed Vader didn't crack the top ten with what was a massive return to form.
- Also disappointed strong releases from Vreid, Crowbar & Havok didn't garner much interest at all.
- Surprised/Disappointed in the amount of bunched panties over this. It's just a list, ladies. If everyone had the same opinion on things, the internet would be pretty fucking dull.
- Nice work, Manks. Your efforts are much appreciated.