View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I still think this is a fairly pointless exercise. Every single year we do this and every single year, about 60-70% of the board is very discontent with it, and every single year it turns into a 20-page thread, usually resulting in a lot of completely pointless arguing between the board members.
You seemingly being the most discontent. Don't expect us to believe your discontentedness is indicative of the board's, because it isn't.

Nobody else is talking about banning members because of their discontent with an EOY list.

So, here are my thoughts on the list. SomewhereInTime72 covered it pretty well, but my :

1. A fabulous album, and I'd rather it be #1 than The Hunter.
2. Not a top 10 album, but of course not surprised to see it here.
3. Of all the technical death metal bands out there, Revocation is more appealing to me than most, for whatever reason. I just don't like the genre enough to support it being this high on the list. Did you people forget about Origin and Obscura?
4. It's nice to see Anthrax release a good album again. It's easily their best since the Sound of White Noise. But #4?
5. I've never liked this band. I won't comment against it being on the list because if my bias.
7A.
7B. Agree with SIT72 wholeheartedly. I'm not against this album being in the top 10, but it's probably here for the wrong reasons.
8. Super stoked this one made it. Definitely my favorite album on this list.
9. Nice to see doom getting some love, even though I wasn't particularly fond of this album.
10. I really didn't expect this one to make the top 20, much less the top 10. I thought its reception was luke warm at best. Who the fuck voted for this album?

2 of my top 10 in this top 10
3 of my top 20 in this top 20
4 of my top 50 in this top 50

Overall a well rounded list. Not overly pleased, but not dissatisfied either.