View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:33 AM
Hell Bent for Liquor

Albums that I found to be criminally underrated this year:

1. Electric Six - Heartbeats & Brainwaves
I myself did not give this album a vote simply due to the fact that I knew none of you would. One thing that you all need to understand is that Electric Six is the greatest band in the history of the world, period.

2. Novembers Doom - Aphotic
We all know that Opeth is one of the most respected bands in the greater realm of metal, and anyone who was disenchanted by Opeth's latest effort should have found their solace here. Why this album was not acknowledged on a wider scale I can't even begin to comprehend.

3. Blood Stain Child - Epsilon
It's not at all difficult for me to understand why this album isn't in the upper ranks this year. To be blunt, IT'S MASSIVELY GAY. Still, it's top ten-worthy.

4. Thy Catafalque - Rengeteg
As I stated earlier, the only reason this album didn't crack the top 10 is because nobody listened to it. 2011 was a triumphant year for hipster shit, and Rengeteg is by far the most incredible hipster-metal album released this year. SHAME ON Y'ALL.

5. Spectral Mortuary - Total Depravity
Probably without a doubt the single best death metal release this year. Unarguably the heaviest record of 2011. This album is what all of the people who made "Welcome to the Morbid Reich" #13 should have spent their votes on.

/drunken rant
01.27 Dark Tranquillity