View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:03 AM
N00B

9. Deicide - To Hell With God

After the major step back of Till Death Do Us Part, Deicide really did a great job with this one. I'd say that it's my favourite post-Serpents of the Light album (I love the first four). Glen's vocals here are much better than they were on The Stench of Redemption and the lead work is actually pretty similar with Ralph Santolla on board. The highlight is of course the final track, which might just be the best Deicide song ever.

Recommended Tracks: To Hell With God & How Can You Call Yourself A God?

8. Alestorm - Back Through Time

When I first got this album, I loved it. It was around #4 on the list, but the combination of better albums being released and some of the enjoyment from this album wearing off made it drop to #8. This is really no different from the other two Alestorm releases, but I would rank it below Captain Morgan's Revenge and above Black Sails at Midnight. Lyrically, this is probably their best release, as I found both the title track and "Scraping the Barrel" to be completely genius. Much like the other two albums in this post, if you are a fan of the band, you'll like this album, and if you aren't, it probably won't convince you.

Recommended Tracks: Back Through Time & Rum

7. Warbringer - Worlds Torn Asunder

As much of a disappointment as this was, it's still Warbringer, and it still destroys. It's really not that much different from Waking Into Nightmares, but the songs just aren't as good. With the exception of "Living Weapon" and "Enemies of the State", none of these songs could have made it on the last album. Regardless, this album is brutal and everyone should buy it.

Recommended Tracks: Living Weapon & Enemies of the State
8/20 - Skid Row