View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I'm confused. There are some pretty obvious string parts on this album. It's one of the things I really liked, and which I thought set this album apart from many others in the genre. My only complaint is that it gets a bit repetitive at times (but that's usually when the songs are building momentum, so it's somewhat forgivable).

Anyway, very solid top five. Several of these are going to rank very highly on my list as well.
Yeah, you're right. Violins aren't overly predominant throughout the album though. That is, not a paramount characteristic. What I really want to know is why I didn't mention piano. Some of the songs are actually piano-led. It's one of the most important instruments on the album. I really don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that . Consider it a moot point I guess.

It's because I keep comparing these bands in my mind to ASMZ and GY!BE, which is frankly ridiculous. They're responsible for my pre-conceptualized ideas of how strings are/should be integral parts of post-rock. And if bands don't meet those standards it doesn't register with me.