View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:36 AM
N00B

6. Motorhead

Date Seen: July 23rd (Heavy TO)
Venue: Downsview Park

Is there anything more epic than hearing "We are Motorhead, and we play rock'n'roll"? How about hearing them play "Overkill" with tons of rain pounding down on everyone? This was my first time seeing Motorhead and they killed it. It was nowhere near as loud as I expected (which is a good thing) and the setlist was pretty strong. These guys outperform bands half their age. I'm sure everyone here has seen them, but GO if you haven't!

5. Alestorm

Date Seen: September 4th (Kamelot)
Venue: The Mod Club

Alestorm is by far one of the most fun bands in existence. Their albums are great, but their live show was even better. "Nancy The Tavern Wench" was definitely the highlight. I'd love to see this band do a headlining set because their were a ton more songs I wanted to hear (even though the songs they picked were great too).

4. Cauldron

Date Seen: April 28th (w/Holy Grail)
Venue: Annex Wreckroom

I'm not sure why, but something about this performance was really satisfying. I can't even explain it, but I know that I need to see them again. Maybe it was because they completely outperformed Holy Grail, or because their new album has been growing on me, but this band was great. Even though they are from Toronto, I'd never seen them before, and I've found they only play 19+ shows in Toronto. Come May, I'll be seeing them often, I hope

3. Alice Cooper

Dates Seen: May 14th, August 26th, December 6th
Venues: Pavillion de la Jeunesse, Erie Canal Harbor, Centre in the Square

It's no secret I'm an AC fanboy, and May 14th was my first time seeing him since 2008. Even though all three shows were on the same tour, they were all different performances. In the second show, he added "Hey Stoopid" to the setlist (which is one of my favourite songs of his, and definitely from his most underrated album), and on December 6th, Orianthi was with the band instead of Damon Johnson. I'd say the last show was my favourite just because I was in the third row and the show really comes alive at that distance. If it weren't for the fact that he just released an amazing new album, I would probably skip the next tour, but now I'm hoping I can see him next year!